Jay Peak Resort is located in Jay, Vermont in the Northeast Kingdom. It is easily accessible via major highways plus air travel from Burlington, Vermont or Montreal, Quebec.
You'll probably notice our main entrance has changed. There's a big sign at the new location. Keep your eyes peeled.
If you’re trying to find us on a map, our physical address is:
830 Jay Peak Road
Jay, VT 05859
You've probably got a GPS but if not, Google Maps works best. Use 830 Jay Peak Rd, Jay, Vermont 05859 as your Google Maps destination. If you're using one of those fancy GPS things, we've been told 1144 Access Road, Jay, VT 05859 is ideal. Below are estimated drive times & distances to give you an idea of how close we are to you.
- From Albany, NY (4.5 hours 220 miles)
- From Boston, MA (3.5 hours 230 miles)
- From Burlington, VT (1.5 hours 70 miles)
- From Montreal, QC (1.5 hours 137km/85 miles)
- From Toronto, ON (7 hours 652km/405 miles)
- From Quebec City, QC (3 hours 307km/191 miles)
- From Ottawa, ON (3.5 hours 370km/230 miles)
- From Hartford, CT (4 hours 250 miles)
- From New York City, NY (6.5 hours 371 miles)
JetBlue, USAir, United and Delta serve Burlington International Airport. During winter, Porter Air flies direct from Toronto to Burlington.
Transfer services are available for hotel and condominium guests. Call us for pricing at (802) 988-2611.
Distance from Airports:
- Burlington, VT (80 miles/129 km; 1.5 hours)
- Montreal, QC (85 miles/137 km from Jay Peak; 1.5 hours)
- Manchester, NH (196 miles/315 km; 3.25 hours)
Our guests often travel back and forth across the Canada/US border. Most of our border officials understand the visit pattern to Jay Peak and are almost always helpful.
To make your entry into the United States as smooth as possible, here are a few important tips:
1. The closest border to Jay Peak is North Troy/Highwater. Richford and Berkshire are also very close. Three additional points of entry are near Newport just off Eastern Township Rt. 55: Rt. 91 at Derby Line; the Town entrance at Derby Line; and the Beebe entrance at Beebe, Quebec. Go to Google Maps for specific directions.
- North Troy/Highwater
- Rt. 91 at Derby Line
- Derby Line Town Entrance
- Beebe, Quebec
2. As of June 1, 2009, anyone who wishes to enter the U.S. by land or sea ports of entry will be required to present a valid passport or another document approved by the U.S. that indicates their identity and citizenship. A government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license, PLUS a birth certificate or citizenship card.
3. If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must have a valid passport and may have to purchase a visa in US dollars.
4. To speed up your entry, have your ID ready when you arrive at the border crossing.
5. Be forthcoming about the fact you are visiting Jay Peak and indicate how long you plan to be in the U.S. If it’s just for the day state this; if it’s overnight, state where you plan to stay and when you will be returning.
6. Do not attempt to bring illegal drugs into the U.S. Do not bring in firearms or weapons of any kind unless you are licensed.
7. If you have a criminal record that prohibits you from entering the U.S., do not try to enter.
8. Leave a little early to allow for border crossing. You want to make sure you enjoy a full day at Jay Peak.
For more information on border crossing (required documents, food and beverages allowed into the US, etc.) check out the: US Customs and Border Protection Agency’s help page